A job vacancy is currently open at the Algarve Musical Association, the entity that manages and administers the Orchestra of the Algarve, for the position of MUSICAL ARCHIVIST.
To directly support the Production Direction and Artistic Direction in the identification, selection, preparation and organization of scores for Orquestra do Algarve, as well as in the registration and archive of the different materials.
- Assist the musicians of the Orchestra in matters related to their duties;
- Research scores needed for the programming to be developed by the Orchestra;
- Availability to ensure unforeseen situations related to production and/or Orchestra needs;
- Transpose scores and/or parts of the orchestra;
- Organize musical materials in folders and distribution by shelves;
- Update the music archive of the musical institution;
- Ensure that the music archive is clean and in good preservation conditions;
- Manage the music archive of the Choir and Orchestra of Algarve;
- Make contact with conductors, concertos, soloists and instrumentalists of the Orchestra regarding their musical preferences (editions, booking appointments, etc.) with a guarantee of timely execution;
- To have knowledge for score editing;
- Continue the creation and maintenance of the Digital Archive of scores of the Orchestra;
- Provide musical assistance with planning and implementation in recording and broadcasting projects of concerts;
- Communicate relevant information to the members of the Orchestra of Algarve, related to their functions.
- Fixed term contract for one year with the possibility of renewal for an equal period;
- Immediate availability
- Part-time with flexible hours to be agreed upon;
Applications must be submitted before 30 June (inclusive), with a full CV sent to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org .